Vehicle Releases and Tow Information

Vehicle Releases

If your vehicle was impounded or stored by the Tracy Police Department, and you would like to have it released back into your possession:

  1. The registered owner is required to come to the Tracy Police Department Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.
  2. The registered owner must bring a valid driver’s license.
  3. The registered owner needs to bring the release fee in the form of cash, check, money order, or Visa or Mastercard. Checks and money orders must be made payable to the City of Tracy. Click here to view our fees.

Private Property Tows

If you’re vehicle was towed by a towing company, please look where you parked your vehicle for any private property towing signs. These signs will have the name and phone number of the company that towed your vehicle.

You will need to call the towing company and make arrangements to recover your vehicle. These type of tows are considered a civil matter and do not involve the police department.

Can’t Find Your Vehicle?

If you can’t find your vehicle, do not know it’s location, or believe it was stolen, please call us at (209) 831-6550.