Help With Reporting a Crime

If you attempted to use our online reporting system and found your crime or incident did not meet the qualifications for online reporting, please refer to the following information to complete the reporting process.

Do You Need Immediate Police Assistance?

If you have an emergency, are involved in or witnessing a crime in progress, or need immediate assistance, please call 911. Sending messages through our website or social media platforms will not ensure you get immediate help as they are not monitored 24 hours a day.

Did The Crime Happen Outside Tracy City Limits?

If you are reporting a crime or incident outside the Tracy City Limits, please contact the appropriate agency providing law enforcement services. If you are reporting an incident or crime in the unincorporated area of Tracy, please contact the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office.

Crimes Occurring on The Freeway

If you are reporting an incident, crime, or accident which occurred on the freeway, please contact the California Highway Patrol.

Known Suspect

If you know the identity of a person who committed a crime or have a vehicle license number belonging to the suspect, then you will need to report the incident or crime to a police officer. Please call us at (209) 831-6550.